Healthy and delicious porridge with berries
Now that the days are getting more and more grey I really love to start the day with a warm breakfast. After a walk through a dark morning with our dog Whoopie through lightly rain I think a porridge is a perfect way to warm up and to keep the cold out. It is also a healthy breakfast. That makes it even more valuable for me.
What about you? How do you start your day?
Why not having a porridge with berries? As fresh ones are not available at the moment I prepare mine with frozen blackberries, blueberries and strawberries. If fresh berries are available, you should of course prepare the porridge with them. This porridge serves one person.
I hope I could attract your attention. Enjoy your healthy and delicious porridge with berries!
One last remark before we start cooking our porridge, this recipe is also available in German. Just click here.
- 4 tbsp rolled oats
- 250 ml milk semi skimmed (1,5 % fat)
- 70 g mixture of berries frozen
- a pinch of salt
- 1/2 banana fresh
- to taste walnut halves
- to taste sunflower seeds
- 1 tsp honey
- Pour the milk into a saucepan, add the pinch of salt, and bring it to the boil, stirring occasionally.
- In the meantime pour the honey into a pan and heat it at medium heat.
- Put the porridge into a muesli bowl, top it with the berries, the banana slices and with the caramilized walnuts and sunflower seeds.