Simply irresistible small cheese biscuits
One day I discovered this recipe of small cheese biscuits in an old baking book that introduced wonderful International recipes. The recipe of these savoury biscuits comes originally from Austria, but I do it a bit my way. As I have always been very curious of new culinary delights, I had to try this really easy to do recipe.
There is just one special thing you should know before you start baking this really tasty cheesy snack. The dough is a so-called choux pastry. The special thing about this is that the dough is prepared in a cooking pot.
I found out that these simply irresistible small cheese biscuits are a perfect snack as well as an appetizer, which you offer to your guests with an aperitif or with the so called kitchen wine. Do you know what we Germans mean when we speak about a glass of kitchen wine? That is a nice way to start a party when your guests arrive and your meal still needs a bit of time to be done. Then I offer the first glass of wine directly in my kitchen so that I can already spend some time with my guests speak while I keep an eye on my dish. It is a cozy situation and a relaxed way of waiting for the dish to be done. The only problem is that my guests usually can’t stop eating the small cheese biscuits while having the kitchen wine. That is why I call them simply irresistible small cheese biscuits.
Enjoy baking these delicious irresistible small cheese biscuits!
This recipe is also available in German just click here.
- 250 ml whipping cream for the dough
- 30 g butter for the dough
- 100 g wheat flour for the dough
- 1 pinch baking powder for the dough
- 20 g soft butter for further preparation of the dough
- 40 g freshly grated cheese for further preparation of the dough
- 2 middle-sized eggs for further preparation of the dough
- 1/2 tsp salt for further preparation of the dough
- 2 tbsp milk to gratinate the biscuits
- 50 g freshly grated cheese to gratinate the biscuits
- Preheat the oven at 200 degrees top and bottom heat.
- Sift the wheat flower in a bowl and mix it with the baking powder.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Put 30 g of the butter in a cooking pot, add the whipping cream and bring it to boil.
- Now you have to add 20 g soft butter, 40 g freshly grated cheese, the eggs, the salt and work into the dough.
- Brush the little balls with milk and sprinkle them with 50 g freshly grated cheese.
- Finally place the baking tray on the middle rack in the preheated oven and bake the cheese biscuits about 20 minutes.
- Let the biscuits cool down before serving them. Enjoy your irresistible small cheese biscuits!