Easy Peasy but Healthy Raspberry Smoothie Pancakes
Can a day start better than with freshly fried pancakes? I love to eat mine in the morning. One day one of my friends claimed that healthy food excludes sweets. Honestly I don’t believe her. I think one can enjoy sweet and delicious food and eat healthy though. How do you feel about that?
My idea for this recipe is to make as easy and quick as possible. Sometimes I don’t have much time to prepare breakfast for me. My day usually starts with preparing breakfast for my family, preparing my second son’s lunch box for school, and to walk or run with our dog. After having had my shower the daily work calls for me so that there is sometimes not much time left for a long preparation of breakfast. Fortunately I found out that my blender can do more than just preparing smoothies. I can use it to make doughs and batters, too.
Well, my idea for the Easy Peasy but Healthy Raspberry Smoothie Pancakes is very simple. I let my blender prepare the batter. This has some advantages. One is very obvious the blender works very quickly so that I save time. Another advantage is that I don’t need any bowls, because I pour the batter right out of the jug into the frying pan so that I just clean the jug after the preparation. This really easy and quickly done.
I hope I could attract your attention. Enjoy your Easy Peasy but Healthy Raspberry Smoothie Pancakes!
One last remark before we start cooking our porridge, this recipe is also available in German. Just click here.
- 120 g Whole-Spelt flour
- a pinch of salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 80 ml buttermilk
- 1 egg middle-sized
- 1 tbsp honey
- to taste colza oil to fry the pancakes
- to taste powdered sugar/confectioner's sugar to dredge the pancakes
- to taste raspberries to garnish the pancakes
- 1/2 banana to garnish the pancakes
Ingredients Pancake Batter
- Blend the ingredients until they are smooth.
- Add the egg and the remaining ingredients for the pancake batter to the smoothie and blend on program high until the batter is creamy.
- Put the frying pan on a medium heat and after a minute, add the oil.
- When the pancakes are golden on both sides, transfer the pancakes to a plate.
- Continue with the remaining batter until there is no batter left.